problem with array of boxes

От Andre Radke
Тема problem with array of boxes
Дата
Re: problem with array of boxes  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello!

I have run into a problem with the array of boxes datatype. Here is a
simple example:

testdb=# CREATE TABLE boxarray_test (col1 BOX[2]);
CREATE

testdb=# INSERT INTO boxarray_test VALUES ('{"(3,3),(1,1)","(4,4),(2,2)"}');
INSERT 32957 1

testdb=# SELECT * FROM boxarray_test;
      col1
---------------
  {(4,4),(2,2)}
(1 row)

Instead of the above, I expected the result of the SELECT to be:

{"(3,3),(1,1)","(4,4),(2,2)"}

Arrays of other geometric types worked like I expected them to do.

Is this a bug?

I'm running PostgreSQL 7.2 on Mac OS X 10.1.3
(powerpc-apple-darwin5.3), compiled by GCC 2.95.2. I ran the
regression tests against my installation and all tests were completed
successfully. (The tests don't seem to cover arrays of geometric
types, though.)

-Andre

--
Andre Radke + mailto:lists@spicynoodles.net + http://www.spicynoodles.net/